We at Ethical Elements have adopted a Corporate Social Responsibility approach that reflects our responsibility as a company, joint-ventures with Emirati society to achieve sustainable development and become leaders in sustainable fabrics. By addressing these goals, we can also improve the quality and performance of our core processes and responsibilities. As we continue to grow and develop, it is imperative that we address our ethical, social, and environmental responsibilities as broadly as possible. For the purposes of this policy, CSR is defined as the integration of social and environmental concerns into the business of Ethical Elements and its interaction with its internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers. We actively work to improve our environment and continuously look for opportunities to improve and contribute to the well-being of the community in which we operate
Ethical Elements is committed to establishing a CSR system which is guided by the following principles:
- Shared responsibility – CSR involves everyone in our organisation, as well as other stakeholders, i.e. our suppliers which means sharing the responsibilities of ownership as well as its benefits.
- Openness and accountability – regularly will communicate our CSR policies, objectives and performance reviews openly and honestly to our staff, partners and other stakeholders. We will also seek their views and encourage them to communicate with us
- Continuous improvement – In line with our approach, we are committed to measuring and improving our CSR performance. We will develop and
implement specific environmental and social policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate compliance – As a minimum we will meet or exceed all relevant legislation. Where no legislation exists we will seek to develop
and implement our own appropriate standards based on international
Policies and their associated programmes will be developed in the following areas of CSR that reflect the nature of our day to day business activities and
wider involvement with society:
- Environment – To recognise the need to develop our business in an environmentally sustainable way and to include concern for the environment in all our activities. To address impacts arising from our energy, water and resource use, transport needs and waste generation
of our services and activities.
- Relationships – To deliver our vision through developing strong relationships with our suppliers, as well as other external organisations and individuals and to conduct them with integrity and courtesy. We will ensure that we honour our commitments. We will ensure our contractors and suppliers implement environmentally sensitive procurement process and to develop a partnership approach for the
delivery of our strategies and services.
- Communities – To build relationships with our service users and the local communities which we serve. We will support local businesses and service providers who share our aims and our values. We will encourage our staff, and those acting on our behalf, to consider the needs of others in their day to day business. We will encourage feedback from the local community on our CSR policies and programmes. We will strive to support the local community’s charitable and humanitarian causes.
- Staff – To attain the organisation’s ambitions, highly qualified and motivated staff are essential to Ethical Elements. We seek to offer an inspiring working environment where employees enjoy every opportunity to grow and advance their career. We will promote and maintain equality and have constant regard to the welfare of our people as a whole, including their career structure, empowerment and communication, health and safety. At all levels we will encourage and promote team-work and the sharing of skills and knowledge, whilst recognising outstanding individual contribution and provide the
opportunity for employees to develop and advance, subject to personal performance and business objectives.
4. ORGANISATION we assist
- HOSPITALITY – Focus on fabrics that are made to last longer and require less resources to process.
- HEALTHCARE – Focus on and promote the value of reusables in delivering durability, longevity, comfort, and value.
- HOME – Offer environmentally friendly fabrics for the home.
- INTERIORS – Provide fabrics made with recycled materials, including fabrics, custom bedding solutions, and more.
- FASHION – Provide fabrics that are easy to care for and recycle/reuse.